Providing Napa & Solano Counties with NO COST Infant/Toddler & Preschool Services
Child Start Inc.
439 Devlin Rd.
Napa, CA 94588
• Contact Us
To support the educational, social and emotional development of children, ages 0-5, by providing high quality, comprehensive and family-focused early childhood services in partnership with the community.
You can volunteer to:
• Make reminder calls to other parents.
• Share your career or hobby with children.
• Go on field trips.
• Read to children.
• Help with art activities in the classroom or outdoors
• Help with meals.
• Help in the classroom and playground.
• Help run a family activity event.
• Participate in a parade or festival with Head Start.
How to Volunteer?
1. View our center/locations page.
2. Find a Center near You.
3. Contact the Center in person or by phone.
Call us at 707-252-8931 or 866-573-4274
• Contribute to CSI
• Sponsors and Donors to CSI
• Volunteer for CSI
Some of our esteemed voluteers:
• Mental Health Interns in Napa.
Helpful Ways to be a Head Start Volunteer
Volunteering is essential to all Head Start programs throughout the United States. The success of the program depends upon active participation of parents and others in the community. Your knowledge, time and talent can all contribute to this effort.
By Volunteering, you will become acquainted with our HCAP Head Start program, see its strengths and goals, and help staff make it a fun learning experience for all. There are many ways that volunteers can contribute and each volunteer comes to the program with different experiences, skills, and talents. Each has a unique contribution to make.
• Be a Positive Behavioral and Language role model
• Expand on children's learning
• Interact with children at child's level
• Provide positive guidance techniques
• Follow Dress Code of School
• Appropriate professional behavior
• Record-keeping (Sign Volunteer In-Kind forms)
Areas of Assistance
Sit on the floor, side by side, or behind the children during circle time, encourage participation, redirect child's attention, use appropriate voice volume when redirecting or encouraging children. Participate and have fun too!
Help with hand washing and standing in line, assist with fork and napkin settings, sit and talk with children during meals, model good table manners, assist with clean up after meals, settle children down after meals.
Observe and/or interact with children. Redirect negative behavior. Remember safety for the students as well as you.
Maintain a safe environment. Interact and/or redirect children to appropriate areas of play.
• Volunteers receive work experience, training and support.
• Head Start parent volunteers in leadership become partners in operating the program.
• Volunteers pride and ownership in the program extends to the surrounding community.
• Volunteers provide increased services to children and families.
• Volunteers are positive role models to children and families.